Tricks AND Treats:
In the Northeast, Fall is in full swing. Leaves have turned colors, temperatures have cooled, and sweaters have emerged from the depths of closets. In warmer climes, the change of season is chiefly marked by the appearance of ghosts, princesses and superheroes, etc. on doorsteps in quest of sugary treats. Halloween is around the corner and it is not just for the young…but for the young-at-heart as well! Across the United States, there will be over the top parades and costume parties, elaborate haunted houses, and creative pumpkin carving contests.
Don’t know where to find some great Halloween celebrations? Centra has compiled a list of ten special holiday events:
- Atlanta, GA: Enter the 100-room abandoned motel on 4 acres of the Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse armed only with a paintball gun and your wits! Who will survive?
- Chicago, IL: This city celebrates Halloween in a big way, including transforming Daley Plaza into Franken Plaza, for a few days of family fun and the Midnight Circus.
- Houston, TX: Want another family-friendly activity? Attend the Zoo Boo and check out the bats, creepy crawlers, learn to howl like a monkey, paint pumpkins, and more.
- Kansas City, MO: HillOween is a costumes and cocktails fundraiser to benefit The Children’s SPOT (Speech, Physical and Occupational Therapy) at St. Luke’s Hospital. This year’s recommended attire… zombies.
- Lancaster, PA: The “World’s Largest Interactive Game”, a 5 acre corn maze with 2.5 miles of pathways is located at Cherry Crest Adventure Farm. This year’s theme is “Everything Baseball”.
- Miami, FL: Man’s best friend is not to be left out of the celebration. Fairchild Gardens holds its “Howl-o-ween”, and invites your dog to come too, preferably costumed!
- Norfolk, VA: October 16th, “The Mermaid Winery”, Virginia’s first urban winery, is holding a wine/mermaid themed pumpkin carving contest. The top 10 winners will enjoy drinks and snacks at the winery.
- Tampa, FL: Attend the Guavaween, a nationally renowned Latin-flavored celebration of Halloween. This year the festivities will showcase a music festival and its famous costume contest.
- Tucson, AZ: The Tucson Screamer’s annual haunted house, “The Slaughterhouse” is considered one of the top such venues in the U.S. Not for the faint of heart or the very young!
- Washington, D.C.: An adult costumed crawl of 28 of the top bars in the city. Just one of the ways our nation’s capital celebrates Halloween. “Nightmare on M Street” ends with a midnight costume contest at McFadden’s.
Can’t make it to any of these this year? Check out the Physical Therapy employment opportunities available in each town above, so that you don’t miss out next year! Then call Centra at 800 535 0076 and we will “scare” you up the perfect job!