The last time we looked, Physical Therapists and Physical Therapy Assistants are not only extremely dedicated to their patients and their profession, but creative and outgoing as well! So we decided to check out some of the more imaginative current events around the country:
- PT Pub Night: The great networking event is now in 70 cities, 40 states and 3 countries and just this month held its first nationwide celebration in Chicago, IL. Find a monthly get together near you or start your own!
- Pints for a Cause: And speaking of spirits…the California Physical Therapy Association holds an open door beer and wine event to help fund PT research in the state. Still time to join this year’s festivities on October 24th.
- Red Lobster with a Side of Ethics: We all know that fish is “brain” food. Maybe that’s why Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston offers a seafood dinner with an all important course in what is ethical in PT practice.
- University at Sea: And speaking of continuing ed…you can enjoy a vacation with family, friends and peers while still accumulating credits or contact hours on numerous topics that fit every PT specialty. Check out the 2014-2015 schedule.
- Goofy Race: Put your money where your mouth is, along with fellow attendees to APTA’s Section on Pediatrics Annual Conference in St. Louis, MO. Join the “Goofy for Exercise Team” and run the “Rock ‘n” Roll Marathon lined with live bands, cheerleaders and themed water stations.
- Bob Doctor Golf Tournament: And speaking of sports…established by its namesake to raise funds for the profession while strengthening ties among colleagues, this annual event is open to PTs & PTAs regardless of level of play.