Racking your brains about what to give the therapists, nurses and rehabilitation manager in your life for the holidays? Here are a few suggestions:
- Membership in a Professional Association: Previous blogs have discussed the benefits of belonging to a local regional and/or national chapter of professional associations. These are excellent venues for personal and professional growth, along with opportunities to influence your specialty’s mission and strategic planning. Check out ASHT, AOTA, APTA, ASHA, ANA, and IARP for more information.
- Purchase an iPad: These devices play an increasing role in healthcare, and Apple’s App Store simply has no equal in quantity and quality of medical and therapeutic apps. You may have missed their BlackFriday and CyberMonday sales, but free shipping is still available at Apple and other online retailers, such as BestBuy, Target and Walmart.
- Underwrite Attendance at a National Conference: Conferences are important educational and networking opportunities for professionals, but the attendance costs have risen. Defraying costs is a great gift for friends and families to show their support. Dates and locales for next year are as follows:
- ANA Annual Conference – February 6-8, 2013 in Atlanta, GA
- AOTA Conference and Exposition – April 25-28, 2013 in San Diego, CA
- ASHT Annual Meeting – October 24-27, 2013 in Chicago, IL
- IARP Forensic Conference – November 7-9, 2013 in Charleston, SC
- ASHA Convention – November 14-16, 2013 in Chicago, IL
- InCentravize!: Through our Centra Ca$h Program you can earn extra money for referrals while helping friends and colleagues land the employment opportunities of their dreams. Don’t have anyone to refer, but are looking for an exciting career move yourself? Call the Centra Team at 800 535 0076 today!