May has been designated as “Better Hearing and Speech Month” by ASHA. Building on the slogan, “Connecting People Through Communication”, the goal is to raise public awareness concerning various communication disorders that affect about 14 million Americans. Some of these are “curable”, but for those that aren’t, Speech Language Pathologists (SLPs) can teach their clients coping strategies to overcome their disability. Centra Healthcare Solutions recognizes the significant role Speech Language Pathologists play in ensuring that patients live productive and fulfilling lives and is dedicating this month’s blogs to topics relevant to the field.
To start, here are the top ten 2012 best schools for Speech Language Pathology as ranked by “US News and World Report” :
1. University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
2. University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
3. University of Washington, Seattle, WA
3. Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
5. Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
5. Purdue University-West Lafayette, West Lafayette, IN
5. University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
8. University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS
8. University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
10. University of Texas-Austin, Austin, TX
If you are a graduate of one of these or the other fine schools of Communication Disorders, and are looking for new and exciting Speech Language Pathology contract or permanent job opportunities, call the Centra team at 800 535 0076 and let us assist you in reaching your goals.