“Virginia is For Lovers” and for travel OTs! This month we are highlighting the 10th state to join the Union and site of:
- Jamestown, the first English colony in the New World
- Richmond the current capital of the state and once capital of the Confederacy
- The birthplace of 8 American Presidents: Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Harrison, Tyler, Taylor and Wilson
- The second oldest college in America, William and Mary founded in 1693
- The Pentagon, the largest office building in the world
- The first Thanksgiving in North America in 1619
- Over half the battles were fought in the Civil War and where Robert E. Lee surrendered to Ulysses S. Grant on April 9, 1865
- The world’s only Oyster Museum on Chincoteague Island
Whether you appreciate the sophistication of Alexandria, the historical splendor of Williamsburg, the relaxing sands of Virginia Beach, or the small town charm of Farmville… Virginia has something for everyone.
The “Centra Travel Position of The Month” is located in Leesburg, VA; just 45 minutes from the nation’s capital and a short drive to both the Blue Ridge Mountains and DC’s Wine Country. The city has 250 years of history behind it, from the birth of the nation through the Civil War and into the present. The Historic Downtown is a testament to Leesburg’s past with meticulously preserved brick sidewalks and architecture. April 21-22, 2012 the Downtown will become a sea of color during the 22nd Annual Flower and Garden Festival. Over 100 vendors will display their landscape designs, gardening supplies, outdoor living items, plants, flowers, herbs and more. You can dine in a historic 1898 mill at “Tuskie’s (Tuscarora Mill), enjoying farm to table cuisine, or feast on French country elegance at the “Eiffel Tower Café”. Leesburg is a shopper’s paradise: from its year-round Farmer’s Market, to its Corner Premium Outlets, to its distinctive antique shops, boutiques and art galleries Downtown.
You can be a part of all that Leesburg has to offer by contacting the Centra Team at 800 535 0076 and ask about this and other exceptional and unique travel occupational therapy job opportunities in Virginia and across the U.S.