Even if you are a born leader, being a Nurse Manager is not always an easy task. It requires strong interpersonal and managerial skills to balance financial, legal and personnel needs with providing quality service and successful outcomes to patients. Whether you are a veteran or newly appointed Nurse Manager, the following innovative and informative resources can support you in your task:
- Medical Improv: A one of a kind five day workshop using theatrical improvisational techniques to enhance communication and teamwork in medical settings. Upon completion, you will be able to implement the course in your own institution as well as train others.
- “Pain Relief for New Managers”: Download this ebook by Nance Goldstein, certified professional coach and leadership development trainer. The easy reading pages are filled with case scenarios and resolutions.
- Legal Issues for Clinical Nurses & Legal Nurse Consultants Cruise: An interactive conference at sea full of timely information regarding all legal aspects involved in nursing. See the Eastern Caribbean and network at the same time. The ship sails February 8-15, 2014.
- MSN in Innovation and Intra/Entrepreneurship in Advanced Nursing Practice: The first of its kind online Master’s given by Drexel University, for those interested in transforming nursing as we know it.
- Nurse Manager Academy: Not yet ready to pursue a degree? Take this 4 day intensive program designed to provide you with insights and practical strategies for the job. Meet your peers at Johns Hopkins for the next session September 9-13, 2013.
Know of other programs and resources of interest to your fellow Nurse Managers, let us know on our Facebook page. Want to make a career move into a new position as a Nurse Manager? Contact the Centra Team at 800 535 0076 or download our mobile app.