Professional conferences represent unique opportunities to network with colleagues from across the country, while enhancing your knowledge base at the same time. You are guaranteed to make new friendships and even earn some CEUs in the process. Here are our five picks:
- APTA’s NEXT Conference, June 11-14, 2014, Charlotte, NC: Short notice we know, but even if you can’t attend in person, select sessions will be live and on-demand.
- AOTA’s Capitol Hill Day, September 15, 2014, Washington, D.C.: Make this event more of a record breaker than last year and advocate for your profession. After networking with politicians, stick around to meet up with colleagues at Bullfeathers.
- Travelers Conference 2014, September 23-24, 2014, Las Vegas, NV: Don’t miss this largest meeting of U.S. healthcare travelers and would-be travelers.
- target=”_blank”Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) 40th Annual Education Conference, October 29-November 1, 2014, Anaheim, CA: Come get new perspectives and information to enhance and advance in this rewarding career.
- 2014 ASHA Convention, November 20-22, 2014, Orlando Florida: The annual event for SLPS and audiologists and a great place to plan a family vacation.
We urge all PTs, OTs, NPs, RNs and SLPs to make time in their busy schedules to attend at least one such gathering a year, remembering that knowledge is a lifelong endeavor. And if you are looking for new opportunities to implement that knowledge talk to one of the industry experts at Centra at 800 535 0076!