April is the month for enhancing your occupational therapy skills and education through webinars and conferences. Here are a few we think you should consider:
- April 10: “Therapeutic Use of the P.L.A.Y Project”, free webinar on play and language program for ASD children presented by the training director.
- April 11-13: “The Young Child with Special Needs”, conference in Atlanta, GA including updates in autism in the special needs child.
- April 12: Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome Conference, with Dr. Temple Grandin (yes, that Temple Grandin), Eustacia Cutler (her mother) and Dr. Jim Ball in Knoxville, TN.
- April 16: “Behavior Modification Strategies for Individuals with Traumatic Brain Injury”, webinar of the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago.
- April 24-28: AOTA’s Annual Conference and Expo. This is the big one in San Diego, CA! Great opportunity to network with other professionals, earneducational credit hours and attend high caliber lectures. This year’s keynotespeaker is Aron Ralston, of “127 Hours” fame, who will discuss the importance ofoccupational therapy in his recovery process. Register now at aota.org!
- April 27: “Treating Patients with Neurological Vision Impairment”, one day seminar, Kirkland, WA presenting field proven OT techniques and strategies.
Options like the ones above enhance your value to the profession. Centra works with exclusive employers who recognize the importance of a highly skilled staff in achieving successful therapeutic outcomes. If you are an OT or COTA looking to utilize your skills and education in an environment that truly values them, call us at 800 535 0076 or download our mobile app and let us help you optimize your talents!