A Further Taste of Technology.
Over 250 health and fitness exhibitors participated in the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) held January 8-11 in Las Vegas. That number represents a 25% increase in this sector. Below is a sampling of some of the most innovative products that we believe are most relevant for use by therapists and nurses.
- Dakim BrainFitness Software, Professional – for use by speech language pathologists, occupational therapists, rehab facilities and nurse practitioners for treatment of older patients with TBIs, strokes or general cognitive decline. These evidence-based programs provide a variety of real world exercises. Pricing based on number of patients.
- MyBrainSolutions for Parents – In combination with PoweringUp, computer-based exercises and assessment tools designed to build cognitive skills in children, particularly ADHD diagnosed children. Parents pay a monthly/quarterly/yearly fee.
- NSD Powerball – a device for rehabilitation professionals and certified hand therapists for use with carpal tunnel and tendonitis/ repetitive stress injury sufferers, and patients recovering from wrist or hand surgery. A variety of models are available for $19.99-189.99.
- Aiptek MyNote Pen – a rubber-tipped utensil for writing/drawing on iPad, iPad2 and iPad3 screens. Captures patients’ notes, memos and handwritten correspondence to share with colleagues using Facebook/Twitter/email. 99 Euro plus tax.
- Celluon The Medic – available soon, a medical version of their popular Magic Cube – a projection keyboard and multi-touch mouse. Designed to reduce keeyboard viral and bacterial cross-contamination by medical personnel and patients.
If the above is any indication, next year’s show should yield even more exciting and practical inventions that any CHT, PT, PTA, OT, COTA, SLP, RN, Nurse Manager or Rehabilitation Manager will find useful and if you would like to work in an environment that encourages technology call Centra at 800 535 0076 and we will find you your ideal position.