January 2017, marked the 50th anniversary of The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, NV, an annual celebration for techies across the globe. Throughout the last decade the exhibition’s health and wellness marketplace has grown steadily, showcasing the expanding wearables and fitness sectors, as well as rehabilitation technologies that are revolutionizing the industry. Below is a curation of five noteworthy products from CES 2017 and beyond, that we would like to recognize in our odds and ends for this month.
- A Knight In Shining ActivArmor: Gone are the old splints! Meet the 21st century version – watersafe, ventilated and temperature resistant.
- If The Glove Fits, Wear It: CHTs check out this CES 2017 Innovation Award winner, sure to motivate your hand therapy patients and yourself.
- Row, Row, Row Your Wheelchair: Change the wheels… not the entire wheelchair. They reduce shoulder injuries and the chair’s propulsion force.
- Atlas – Weight Of The World On His Back: Two engineers combined interests to produce a neurostimulator exoskeleton for back pain, debuted at CES 2017.
- Love Is Blind But Aipoly Is Not: Smartphone cameras and Artificial Intelligence come together to let the visually impaired/blind “see”.
Cutting edge technologies are enabling therapeutic rehabilitation to achieve breathtaking results for patients. At Centra we apply our own cutting edge technologies to your career search. Call us at 800 535 0076 and discover the difference!