So you’ve decided to work as a travel PT, and you very wisely turned to the industry experts at Centra to find you that perfect contract assignment! Soon you will pack up the car ( & maybe a pet or two)… or book a flight and find yourself in a new city or town. Exciting and adventurous as that all seems, it can also be unsettling to leave behind the familiar. Luckily technology can reduce your travel and orientation anxieties. Here are five apps designed to do just that:
- Have Dog, Will Travel: Bring Fido not only helps you find accommodations for both of you along your route, but pet-friendly restaurants and attractions too! Free
- The Sky’s The Limit: Dark Sky provides the best weather updates minute by minute an hour in advance or hourly forecasts no matter where you are in the country. $3.99
- City Slicker: Sidekix is for pedestrian exploration of cities. Both the IOS and Android versions use local reviews and your interests to locate attractions, restaurants and events. Free
- Have A Nice Flight: FlightStats takes the surprise out of flight delays and the guesswork out of arrival/departure gates and luggage carousels. Free
- Gas Up: GasBuddy can help you make that drive more cost effective, whether that is cross town or cross the country. Free
Not yet a traveler, but interested in hearing more… give us some general information HERE about you and one of our Centurions will call you asap to discuss your options!