For all the SLPs out there working tirelessly to make a difference in the lives of children and adults with speech and hearing impairments…here are some stories that we hope will inspire you even through the most routine of days.
- Mind Over Matter: A Dutch ALS quadriplegic mother is given the gift of communication with a brain implant.
- Sign Of The Times: With the help of deaf-owned Convo Communications, a pizzeria caters to its deaf and hearing community.
- Fine Tuning: ASL Interpreter, Amber Gallego, shares her passion and unique skills with hearing impaired music fans everywhere.
- Finding One’s Voice: Dr. Rupal Patel’s, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, inspiring work with donor voices enables a cerebral palsy child to “speak” age appropriately.
- Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil: A nonverbal child finds comfort and a means of interaction with the help of a deaf dog.
At Centra we believe that Speech Language Pathologists are a special breed working in a career that is concretely impactful. Contact us at 800 571 6511 to see how we can help you to transform many more lives!