A Speech Language Pathology career entails the evaluation, diagnosing and treating of patients requiring rehabilitation services in order to treat disorders related to speech, language, cognitive-communication, voice, swallowing and fluency. A typical day for a SLP includes, but is not limited to, developing an individualized plan of care, teaching patients how to make sounds, improve their voices, increase their oral or written language skills to communicate more effectively, strengthen muscles and use compensatory strategies to swallow without choking or inhaling food or liquid. In addition, the SLP will set achievable and realistic goals for the patient, document and record the patient’s condition, and educate patients and families concerning the appropriate therapy.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 30% growth in this field until 2018. As a SLP you have many career options, from travel therapy jobs, permanent placement jobs, local contract jobs to part-time jobs. We at Centra offer you the opportunity to maximize your potential in various settings such as the following:
- Acute Care Hospitals – Inpatient and Outpatient
- Aquatic Care Centers
- Assisted Living Facilities
- In-patient Rehabilitation Centers
- Long Term Acute Care Facilities
- Long Term Care Centers
- Outpatient Centers
- Pediatric Practices
- Private Practices
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Sub-Acute Rehabilitation Centers
Finding a job in Speech Language Pathology can be a full time job in itself. In working with Centra, we become your conduit to finding the best position offering the best compensation and benefits package. As an employee of Centra Healthcare Solutions, you are eligible for the following benefits:
- Highly competitive pay rates, including opportunities to earn tax free income that will increase your net weekly pay by as much as 15%.
- 100% medical insurance reimbursement with a premier PPO plan.
- A 401 (k) plan that offers a 4% match.
- Continuing Education reimbursement.
- A chance to explore new places and new opportunities throughout the United States.
- Licensure reimbursement.
- Housing accommodations.
- A dedicated representative that will provide concierge customer service, devoted to your career goals.
- …. And much, much more!
So what are you waiting for? Search for Speech Language Pathology Jobs here and let Centra help you achieve your career objectives.