A Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant career entails working under the supervision of Occupational Therapists to help clients with rehabilitative activities and exercises outlined in a treatment plan. A typical day for a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant includes, but is not limited to, helping patients with disabilities in order to participate fully in school and social situations, helping people recover from injury to regain skills and provide support for adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes. In addition, the COTA will educate the patient on restrictions, body mechanics, breathing, edema control, range of motion, fine motor skills, the use of adaptive equipment and document and record the patient’s condition.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 30% growth in this field until 2018. As a COTA you have many career options, from travel therapy jobs, permanent placement jobs, local contract jobs to part-time jobs. We at Centra offer you the opportunity to maximize your potential in various settings such as the following:
- Acute Care Hospitals – Inpatient and Outpatient
- Aquatic Care Centers
- Assisted Living Facilities
- In-patient Rehabilitation Centers
- Long Term Acute Care Facilities
- Long Term Care Centers
- Outpatient Centers
- Pediatric Practices
- Private Practices
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Sub-Acute Rehabilitation Centers
Finding a job in Occupational Therapy can be a full time job in itself. In working with Centra, we become your conduit to finding the best position offering the best compensation and benefits package. As an employee of Centra Healthcare Solutions, you are eligible for the following benefits:
- Highly competitive pay rates, including opportunities to earn tax free income that will increase your net weekly pay by as much as 15%.
- 100% medical insurance reimbursement with a premier PPO plan.
- A 401 (k) plan that offers a 4% match.
- Continuing Education reimbursement.
- A chance to explore new places and new opportunities throughout the United States.
- Licensure reimbursement.
- Housing accommodations.
- A dedicated representative that will provide concierge customer service, devoted to your career goals.
- …. And much, much more!
So what are you waiting for? Search for Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Jobs here and let Centra help you achieve your career objectives.